The Newman Knights Hockey Club has a long and proud history of hockey in Western Australia. The Club was founded in 1922 at New Norcia and known as St Ildephonsus College Old Boys Hockey Club.
In the 1960s, we relocated to Churchlands and the Club became known as the Marist Hockey Club. It wasn’t until 1979 that we became known as the Newman Hockey Club and Incorporated in 1983.
In 1986, the Newman Sports Complex opened as clubrooms and this is still our home today.
In 2002 we merged with another local hockey club, called North City Knights to strengthen our numbers across the Club. It was at this time we also took on the name – Newman Knights Hockey Club – to recognise the history of both clubs and our future together.
Today the Newman Knights Hockey Club has 16 sides competing in the WA Hockey Association competition in Men’s, Women’s, Juniors, and Masters.
Another important part of our history is the Club Song.